Tiny Happy Turtles

West Coast Talent in a Flyover Locale

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Birth to Blog: A Portrait of Two Visitors

My Godfather

My godfather stuck around for a couple of days to celebrate my big day of rebirth. Here we are having one of our man to man talks. As you can see, we contemplated deep matters, such as: What constitutes baptism by desire? How is the Holy Spirit outpoured in Baptism? Is it proper for infants to refrain from the breast on Fridays during Lent?

The Missing Stand-In

My parents talked of a stand-in godmother (since the real one couldn't be there - more on her later). She gave herself this name while I was still in utero. Why not add yet another aunt to make a big fuss over me? The first thing I gathered about her was that she liked cute babies. Mom was always saying, "Just WAIT until she gets here!" or "She is going to think you're SOOOOOO cute!" So far so good, I thought. And I wasn't disappointed. Well, ok, I was a little bummed when, due to a time change and some "cell-phone clock malfunction," she didn't make it in time to make the sign of the cross on my forehead after my godfather did. She did arrive, however, in time to see me all decked out in the new baptismal gown. She stayed for the week, showering me with affection, taking lots of pictures of me on her new camera, and generally confirming my high opinion of her.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home